Centralized Admission Committee
Admissions to the first year of degree/diploma course in engineering/ pharmacy are being granted by the Joint Admission Committee for Professional Courses (L.D. Engineering College, Ahmedabad-15) website : www.jacpcldce.ac.in and by the Centralized Medical Admission Committee, B.J.Medical College, Ahmedabad for the courses of MBBS/BDS/B.Physio/ Ayurved/Homeopathy/ Nursing/Occupational Therapy/Optometry etc. For admission to the engineering branches, admission process is online. For admission to medical branch, application is to be submitted separately.
Admission to other course
After Standard-12 Science, let us have a look at the Admission Committees functioning for granting admissions to other courses being conducted in Gujarat:
- Admissions to courses of Agricultural University are meritbased and through the Committee constituted by the University.
- Ayurved University at Jamnagar offers B.Pharm. (Ayurved) course where admission is on the basis of merit.
- Admissions to the B.Sc. courses offered by Science Colleges in Gujarat are also meritbased and immediately after result of Standard-12 Science stream, admission forms are to be submitted.
Which course to opt for admission ?
After Standard-12 science, mainly two questions requires to be answered while getting admission to Engineering Degree course
- admission to which course, and
- in which college ?
Order of choice
In Gujarat, the order of choice for B-group students after Standard-12 Science is like this
- MBBS – Medical
- BDS – Dental
- B.Pharm. – Bachelor of Pharmacy
- BAMS – Ayurved
- B.P.T. – Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Nursing
- BHMS – Homeopathy
- B.Sc. Occupational Therapy.
For A-Group students
- Civil – Civil Engineering
- Ele. – Electrical Engineering
- Mech – Mechanical Engineering
- C.E. – Computer Engineering
- EC – Electronics and Communication Engineering or Electronics
- I.T. – Information Technology
- I.C. – Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Che. – Chemical Engineering
- Env. – Environmental Engineering
- any of the course offered at CEPT – Interior Design, Architecture and Building Construction courses.
Apart from this, other courses can also be selected depending on individual choice and interest or family profession, such as
- Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry – run by Agriculture University
- Degree course of Dairy Technology at Anand
- Bachelor of Pharmacy in Ayurved
- Bio-medical Engineering
- B.E. in Food Processing and Technology
- B.E. course of Degree Engineering in any branch
- B.Sc. Agriculture course
- other Bachelor Degree courses of Agriculture University
- PTC course to be Primary Teacher after Standard-12 Science
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Sc. Bio-technology course in Gujarat
- B.Sc. with any subject
- B.A. with English or to any other Degree course if one opt out for science for further studies.
As many as 14 Universities including Nirma Institute of Technology at Ahmedabad, DDIT at Nadiyad, Ganpat Vidhyaagar at Kherva-Mehsana, Sarva Vidhyalaya at Gandhinagar and Vardhaman University (C.U.,Shah), Surendranagar have been accorded status of Deemed University by the Gujarat Legislative Assembly. The rates of fees are higher in these private universities.